Autumn Block Calving Assistant Herdsperson North Shropshire
- Are you hard working with the ability to learn new things?
- Looking for a new challenge or new role?
- Want to be part of a young team?
THEN APPLY NOW!!!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen on a well-run unit near Market Drayton,
Shropshire. The farm follows a strict Autumn calving system to meet the demands of a Cheese contract. We require a very enthusiastic and versatile individual to work alongside the herd manager and his young team.
The farm has fantastic modern facilities which make it a very efficient place to work. The herd is milked through a 30:60 parlour with batch feeders; grazed for as long as the weather dictates and are housed in cubicles during the winter where they are fed a mixture of grass silage and blend. Regular grass measuring takes place on a weekly basis to give a grass wedge.
We are looking for the following key qualities in the individual:
- Enthusiastic person who has the drive to succeed in the dairy industry.
- Willingness to learn and try new things.
- Discipline and good time management.
- Whilst some experience is an advantage a fully training programme can be offered to candidates with transferable skills from other industries.
In return for your efforts we offer a highly competitive salary with bonus schemes, regular time off and accommodation or contribution to accommodation if required.
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button