Harvesting Territory Sales Manager
- John Deere
- East coast of Scotland & East of Northern England
- Depending on experience
- Job Sector
- Engineering & Mechanical, Machinery / Service / Technician, Sales & Marketing
- Contract Type
Our agricultural machinery comes with pioneering technology. It is the key to meeting the biggest global challenge: supplying 7 billion people with food, clothing and renewable energy. Welcome to John Deere, the largest manufacturer of agricultural machinery. With 59,000 employees worldwide, we generate a total turnover of more than US $36bn through agricultural, construction and forestry machinery as well as machinery for turf and property maintenance. We are looking for a Harvesting Territory Sales Manager to join our team, a field role based in Scotland predominantly covering the East coast of Scotland and the East of Northern England.
The mission of this role is to support customers and dealers to deliver distinctive customer experience during the ownership phase of harvesting products.
Among your key responsibilities covering harvesting products (Combines, SPFH & LSB) will be:
- Full commercial responsibility for sales and market share goals are met
- Supporting dealer sales teams with planning & activities to build & maintain customer relationships and grow sales with key accounts
- Counsels channel partners on products & marketing matters
- Manages company assets to maximise returns
- Supporting sales training programs & product launches
- Communicates market opportunities and competitive intelligence
- Proofreading of sales & marketing materials related to some products
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally you will possess a degree in an agricultural/engineering related subject.
- 3-5 years of experience around large agricultural and/or harvesting equipment
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to travel
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Robust analytical skills
- Sound commercial understanding
The essential skill set will include a good command of written and spoken English in both formal and informal settings as well as competence with the elements of the Microsoft Office Suite. The candidate will possess a good work ethic, be able to manage time and resources to deliver business and people goals. Above all you will be able to command respect, be a self-starter and be able to drive sustainable results that will position the dealers with whom you will work at the forefront of dealer standards. A clean Driving Licence is desirable. The successful candidate will be required to reside on the territory.
John Deere is an equal opportunities employer.
John Deere is an equal opportunities employer. For further details and to apply visit www.deere.co.uk Careers page, Job-Opportunities-UK. Closing date: 31st March 2019.
To apply for this role please click the apply button