Being a Land Officer
As a Land Officer, you will provide an expert land service for the National Grid licensed and unlicensed business to ensure that land rights are delivered in accordance with current best practice, process and guidance. You will also have the opportunity to make a difference and ensure that National Grid's reputation continues to be enhanced.
About National Grid
At National Grid, we are at the heart of energy. From heating homes to making sure businesses fire on all cylinders, we’re using our engineering excellence to connect people and the planet. We’re also looking to the future – innovating, inventing, and transforming – to make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. And that’s why there’s never been a more exciting time to join us and help us to make a difference to people’s lives every day.
This role will be based in the West Midlands. (There is some possible flexibility on the location for this role as you will be covering a regional area).
A company vehicle will be provided due to travel being required.
Please note, a full valid driving licence is required.
What You'll Get
You will receive a competitive salary between £32,900 – £41,650 dependent on experience.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
About the Role
To give you an idea, here are some of the responsibilities you will have:
- You will manage and coordinate all land activities in support of maintenance and refurbishment projects on existing National Grid overhead lines, underground cablesand gas transmission pipeline assets.
- You will work as part of project teams to deliver land rights on new connection capital projects, comprising National Grid colleagues and professional external staff as required.
- You will negotiate on levels of compensation, terms for site acquisition and rent and acquisition of easements for all National Grid assets.
- You will co-ordinate drainage remedial works, liability mitigation and budget associated with gas transmission pipelines.
- You will challenge, advise and guide projects in relation to the development of design and implementation of project land strategies and programmes.
- You will represent the Land team in the scheme team process
- You will manage proactively the Land project resourcing and financial information, ensuring value for money and appropriate challenge into the project teams to deliver this.
- You will ideally have previousexperience as a Surveyor or Wayleaves/Lands Officer, within a land agency practice, other utility company or similar.
- You will have good knowledge of valuation principles, agriculture and Land Compensation Law.
- You will have the ability to understand wider planning, environmental and amenity issues.
- You will have the ability to negotiate with a wide range of external stakeholders from individual members of the public, landowners, commercial establishments, contractors and developers to ensure the best outcomes.
Who We Are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
Further or higher qualification in lands/surveying discipline preferred; HNC, HND, degree or equivalent. Additionally, being a Member of RICS would be beneficial but not essential.
Advert Close Date
This advert will close on Sunday 16th June
For more information or to apply for the roles please click the apply button