Do you want to work on a very progressive dairy unit in the Midlands dairy heartland? IF SO READ ON!!
We require an enthusiastic, driven and determined individual who has previous dairy experience to join our client’s family farm.
The herd is milked twice a day through a 50 point rotary parlour, with a group of circa 200 high yielding cows milked three times a day! The cows are cubicle housed with bedding being mattresses
and shavings. The family have zero grazed for in excess of 30 year with great success! The herd achieves around 8500 litres per cow annually with solids of around 7.8%.
Here’s a short brief about the farm in bullets!
- 1300 cows, 1100 in milk. All year around calving.
- Housed 365 and fed a simple grass diet with concentrate at the feed fence.
- Excellent team which includes family labour, herdsperson, dedicated calf rearer.
- Genus RMS.
- Regular foot trimmer with only emergencies dealt with in house.
- 300 replacements reared annually with beef calves (Angus) sold at under 42 days.
What we need from you!
You need to be a very enthusiastic person with a passion for cows and who is willing to be flexible and to work as part of a team. We would expect you to have at least 2 years’ experience with a broad range of dairy related knowledge.
- On farm three-bedroom bungalow
- Competitive salary based on experience and desire to achieve.
- Bonus scheme and regular time off
- Excellent location situated close to Nantwich with excellent transport links from Stoke and Crewe train stations.
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button