Land Based Technician – Agriculture
Reports to: Farm Manager
Direct Reports: None
- To contribute to the day to day running of Kingshill Farm
- To oversee all practical areas across the Agriculture provision including livestock, crops and machinery, taking an active role in promoting health & safety
- To provide technical support to teaching staff during practical sessions in machinery workshops, at the farm, in classrooms and in practical working areas.
1. To maintain professional presentation and standards at Kingshill Farm and in the Machinery Centre
2. To set up, maintain and care for land based resources and facilities.
3. To participate in the care of all farm livestock, maintaining high standards of animal welfare.
4. To provide a high quality learning environment for students.
5. To prepare practical learning materials and resources for use across a range of land based courses with a focus on agriculture and machinery.
6. To facilitate resource based learning within the land based areas, preparing equipment and clearing away afterwards.
7. To manage stores of tools, equipment and resources.
8. To oversee practical work areas maintaining and servicing resources and equipment.
9. To ensure that specialist and practical work areas are maintained in a safe and clean condition, free from hazards at all times.
10. To ensure that the operation within practical areas conforms to current safety rules and regulations.
11. To undertake appropriate risk assessments in liaison with the College Health and Safety Manager.
12. To maintain inventory records and source equipment and resources in line with College Financial Regulations.
13. To deal with any breaches of discipline or College rules by students appropriately and in line with College procedures.
14. To attend and participate in team meetings and College wide staff meetings.
15. To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in the area.
16. To undertake any other associated duties as determined by the Farm Manager and/or Head of Department.
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and for raising any concerns in line with College procedures.
- Equality and Diversity
To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with College procedures.
- Health and Safety
To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with College policy and procedures.
- Training and development
To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button