An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on the role of farm manager on a dairy farm in Cumbria.
The 355 acre farm has recently being purchased by the owner and the main enterprise compromises of approximately a 300 Fleckveih cow dairy herd that will be calved on a block system.
The new owner is looking to develop the farming business and as such is seeking to appoint a farm manager who can proactively manage the business on a day to day basis, demonstrating excellence in all areas of farm management to move the business forward.
• Reporting directly to the owner
• Day to day management of the farm business
• Staff supervision and training
• Management of the farm budget
• To maintain a high level of understanding in the agricultural sector
• To identify new opportunities both within the dairy sector and for the farm business as a whole
• Good communication skills
• Practical work experience of both dairy and beef herds
• Technically competent
• Strong financial management skills
• Proficient manager of staff
• Environmentally aware
The salary package will reflect the importance and responsibility of the position and includes a house.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be submitted with a full CV.
For more information or to apply for this role please click the apply button