Farming & Land Use Manager
Contract: Fixed term funded contract to 31st December 2020
Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: Edinburgh, with frequent travel across Scotland
Soil Association Scotland is Scotland’s leading food, farming, and environmental charity with a mission to transform the way we eat, farm, and care for the natural world. Our Farming & Land Use team supports and enable farmers across Scotland to work with nature to build thriving, resilient businesses. Find out more about us:
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Farming & Land Use Manager to join Soil Association Scotland’s Farming & Land Use team to help deliver our Farming for the Future knowledge exchange programme.
You will work with farmers across Scotland to increase the use of low-input and sustainable approaches to build both financial and environmental resilience in a changing climate. You will work closely with the Farming & Land Use team: communications, evaluation, and officers; to ensure that the Farming for the Future programme is delivered successfully.
To be successful in this role, and fit in with our team in Scotland, we are looking for the following experience and qualities:
- Excellent knowledge of practical farming and growing, including low-input and agroecological production
- Experience of facilitation and knowledge transfer
- Knowledge of agricultural practices that mitigate climate change and benefit biodiversity
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Empathy and understanding of challenges faced by farmers
- Full driving license and able to commit to regular travel
Talk to us
If you would like an informal discussion about the role or working for Soil Association Scotland, please get in touch with Soil Association Scotland’s Senior Programmes Manager, Colleen McCulloch (email@example.com).
Working with us you will have access to a range of financial and lifestyle benefits, including:
- 27 days annual holiday plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies, flexible working and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 23rd August 2019
Interviews will take place during week commencing 2nd September 2019
Please submit your two page CV with a concise covering letter, explaining why you are interested in this role and outlining your relevant skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that the file names of the documents you attach contain your name (first name and surname).
Thank you for your interest in Soil Association Scotland and our job opportunities.