As a Service Engineer, you will visit a variety of customer sites throughout the area to carry out maintenance, repairs and services on our customer’s machines to a high standard. This is a fantastic chance to use your engineering skills in a varied role within the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience and qualifications. City and Guild, NVQ or SVQ qualifications in Construction Plant Maintenance
- Experience in construction plant, diesel engines, electrics, hydraulics, transmissions and fault finding using electronic diagnostic equipment
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service
- Good computer skills however training will be provided
- In this role as a Service Engineer, you need to have good customer service skills and relevant experience and qualifications within the industry.
The role involves:
- Repairing and maintaining machines on customer’s sites as required to ensure conformance with manufacturer’s specification
- Accurately completing all relevant paperwork daily on a laptop computer
- Accurately ordering of your parts and working closely with the parts department.
- Working closely with the service supervisor
- Carrying out inspections and repairs of machines at our depot as required - in conformance with manufacturer’s specification and any regulations affecting their use
- Ensuring that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine – and notifying appropriate manager of any defective or unsafe equipment
In return you will receive
- Competitive hourly and overtime rate
- Internal and external training
- Company Van
- 4% pension contribution from company
- Life insurance of 3 x salary
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Healthcare cash plan
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button