Do you have practical experience of working within the agriculture sector in a management position, with a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind?
Our agriculture team audits and certifies a number of farms against various agriculture schemes. On completion of audits, audit reports are rigorously reviewed, and non-conformances closed out before NSF can certify that the farm meets the required standards.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Agriculture Operations to support the Director and leadership team to deliver schemes & corporate customers.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Work with scheme owners to understand and influence their operational protocol requirements then embed them into the department ways of working
- Manage resource to ensure that there is sufficient in place to technically review audit reports, close out non-conformances and certify scheme members in a robust and timely manner
- Set the standards for audit report review and certification decision making to ensure the integrity of our service
- Develop and implement methodology for measuring the quality of the audit reports submitted by auditors
- Develop and implement management reports on the quality of audit reports submitted by auditors, highlighting areas of concern for follow up by Agriculture Managers
- Develop and implement management reports on the number of certifications completed with details of any suspensions and withdrawal as and when required
- Set the standards for best in class customer service, mentor and oversee the delivery by operational administration teams
- Ensure audits are allocated in a manner that delivers scheme requirements
- Develop and implement management reporting that provides information on whether the audit programme is being delivered to required timescales, identifying which auditors are delivering to requirements and those that are not. Identify where action is required
- Be the lead for the department for all NSF Quality Department activity
- Work with leadership team to identify strategic projects for the department and lead on those allocated
- Work with the leadership team to get new schemes / services scoped out and up and running
- Manage direct reports ensuring they have objectives, personal development plans and that their performance is regularly reviewed
We are looking for an individual with the following experience, abilities, and qualifications:
- A technical knowledge in many of the scheme areas in which we operate in that is sufficient to challenge and manage the technical experts we employ
- Good understanding of the operation of third party Certification Schemes within the Agricultural sectors
- Experience of managing the reputation of a brand
- Previous team leadership
- Brand reputational / issue management skills - Ability to look quickly at facts and identify the next steps required to protect the reputation of the brand
- Active listening – able to listen to what customers want and transfer them into service delivery
- Ability to make difficult decisions, approaching them in a fair and logical way
- Problem solving skills, establishing root causes and what actions are required to prevent recurring issues
- Motivate, coach and support team to work together towards common goals
- Organize and prioritize the workloads of self and team
- Innovative thinking / process improvement - seeking out better ways of doing things to deliver efficiencies for NSF and customers
- Manage change to deliver improvements whilst taking the team with you
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
- Motivated, willingness to learn and positive attitude
- Communication skills – simple and easy to understand
- Committed to improving self and others
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
- Respect for individual and Company confidentiality rights
- Proficient with key Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. with a desire to learn new business-related software
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- Performance based bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Bupa Cashplan
- Pension scheme
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We're a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems.
We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
This is a great time to be joining our team here at NSF and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
No agency interest please.