The post is based at the University of Reading (part of Rural Business Research) and is primarily involved with the collection and analysis of physical and financial data from agricultural businesses in Central, Southern and South East England, in connection with the highly respected Farm Business Survey. This is the longest running independent survey of farm businesses, confidentially providing information on the financial position and business performance of farmers and growers.
About the Post
- Involves collection and analysis of physical and financial data from agricultural businesses in connection with the Farm Business Survey, and providing benchmarking data
- Responsible for liaising with farmer co-operators, including travelling to farms
- Working within a specialised team, full training will be provided with on-going mentoring as the successful candidates progress to independent working
- Holding an HND or degree, preferably in Agriculture or a related subject
- A good knowledge of UK farming systems and business management
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills
- A high level of numeracy is essential, as is a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and in particular the use of spreadsheets
- A willingness to work flexibly, as demanded by the nature of the role, is also essential
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Closing Date - 27th September 2019
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button.