An exciting opportunity for an Arable Manager has become available within a diverse farming group. The group specialises in turf, potatoes, wheat and other arable crops. We are seeking a candidate who will set and achieve high standards and be primarily responsible for the arable operations and estate management aspects of the business located near Feltwell, Norfolk. There will be significant interaction and co-operation with turf operations, including resource planning and driving efficiency. The Feltwell farm comprises 1,445 ha in total of arable and turf and is part of the Harrowden Turf Group.
- To manage the day-to-day arable operations; this will comprise of all growing, drying and storage matters on site. Rotation includes 150ha of potatoes plus wheat and other arable cropping.
- To develop innovative approaches and techniques to continually advance new and best practice.
- To manage the sourcing, selection and maintenance of all inputs – machinery, equipment, seed, fertilisers, etc.
- To manage a team of approx. 6-8 permanent staff plus an additional 10-12 seasonal staff
- To lead the planning and implementing of crop rotations, field schedules, harvest activities, drivers and agronomists.
- Close working relationship with Turf Manager including resource planning and efficiency.
- To maintain Gatekeeper records for all farming operations.
- To manage day-to-day estate management including 15 residential properties.
- Growing, harvesting and storage operations experience for all arable crops including potatoes.
- Precision farming & innovation expertise.
- Background in Arable Farming.
- Strong Leadership & Team working skills.
- A formal qualification in Agriculture would be desirable.
- BASIS & FACTS qualified.
- Good Gatekeeper experience but training will be given.
- Excellent IT Skills & understanding of GPS.
Remuneration: The package will include : Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme, Company Property and Company Vehicle.
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2019.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button