Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse business specialising in farming, property and estate management and renewable energy. Due to expansion of the company’s activities across Gloucestershire an Assistant Beef Herds Person is required to join our team.
The estate in North Somerset comprises of a beef suckler herd made of Pedigree Aberdeen Angus and pure Stabiliser cattle. The herd has been purposely selected from other high health status herds around the UK with aim to produce top quality breeding and fat stock. The enterprise has had a large investment to set up a first-class operation with a purpose-built farmyard, grazing platform, EID readers and weighing equipment and computer software to manage the herd.
The position of Assistant Beef Herds Person is based on the Hinton Estate within the Gloucestershire farm business. The focus for this position is to work alongside the current Herds Person to plan day to day and strategic tasks that are part of the beef management plan. The successful candidate will want to develop their knowledge and ability to run and manage a top class suckler heard. The individual will need to show a true passion for grassland management for both grazing and conservation crops, have good knowledge of beef cattle and their behaviour.
- Coordination of day-to-day operations including feeding, bedding, calving, breeding, weighing, recording, stocktaking and planning activities.
- Mechanisation & Facilities – work with the current herds person to fully utilise the equipment and infrastructure within the business to gain maximise benefit, whether that is physical or financial.
- Human Resources - Manage and motivate them self through the day to day tasks having been given clear aims, objectives and priorities. Ensure active monitoring of systems of work to maintain Health and Safety standards in line with Beeswax Dyson Farming policy.
- Feed and Forage Store – Arrange the correct storage of feeds and forage to ensure quality is maintained. This includes the active monitoring of all aspects of feed and forage storage such as moistures, pests and vermin and the maintenance of accurate records. All results must be recorded and reported to the Herds Person.
- Working with the relevant health plans and keeping all required records relating to veterinary medicines and withdrawals in line with farm protocols.
- Ensure the high standard of the estate appearance is maintained, making improvements wherever possible. Ensuring any issues are escalated to the Farm Manager.
- Any other ad hoc duties within your capabilities.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety
- Operate to our high standards of compliance
- Knowledge of modern agricultural machinery
- Qualifications in AI, foot trimming, rough terrain handler (telescopic) preferable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Good organisational skills
- Professional manner
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Strong IT skills
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of the wider Beeswax Dyson team
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidential nature of the work
- Holds a current UK driving licence
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button
More search results
Auctioneer / Fieldsperson
Darlington Farmers Auction Mart Company Limited
Beeswax Dyson Farming
Outdoor Pig Stockperson - Ref 743 Northumberland
Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
Welsh Regional Co-ordinator
Trainee Agricultural Area Sales Manager
De Lacy Executive Recruitment