Genus Breeding is part of the world's leading provider of bovine genetics and reproduction services, marketing in more than 70 countries around the globe. Alongside this is its technologically advanced range of forage, nutrition, foot and udder care products. Through Genus' extensive research and development programme, its cutting-edge technology is being used to maximise the potential of beef and dairy farms throughout the world.
Whenby Lodge Farm is one of two premier bull studs in the UK, home to nearly two hundred of Genus ABS’ world leading bulls. Semen collections made from bulls at Whenby Lodge Farm is distributed to customers around the global. Joining the team at Whenby Lodge Farm and play an integral part in Genus’ ABS global production.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to work within a team of people dedicated to providing the highest levels of care and husbandry to some of the most valuable beef and dairy bulls in the global AI industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Daily routine of feeding/bedding
- Regular health care
- Routine health testing of bulls
- Clipping/washing bulls for regular photographing and classification visits
- Semen collection from some of the world’s highest value bulls
To be considered for the role you should:
- Hold previous experience of livestock handling
- Have an interest in and enthusiasm for the industry
- Have a willingness to discover more about the business and learn new skills
- Possess excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Be livestock-free and aware of biosecurity principles
What we can offer you
- Favourable working hours and opportunity for overtime
- Competitive salary and benefits package including shopping discounts
- Training and ongoing development
- Full uniform and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- The opportunities that come with working for a global organisation
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button