The Opportunity: The establishment of a Bovine Reproductive Facility and Laboratory presents a unique opportunity for an Australian national (due to Covid-19 travel restrictions) veterinary professional to access training and experience in leading proprietary bovine reproductive technology. As a Bovine Reproductive Specialist, you will play an integral role in their all natural, hormone free IVF process that’s easier on animals and enables dairy and beef producers to make valuable genetic progress in their herds.
Performing Ovum Pickup (OPU) and embryo implantation work from a purpose-built facility, you will receive training ultrasound based OPU techniques, and have the opportunity to work directly with clients and their animals to enhance reproductive outcomes.
Employer: A leader in the Australian Dairy Industry operating large farms in NSW & Victoria. Over the last century they have grown to be one of the country's most progressive dairies. They focus on technology, innovation and the dedication of more than 300 people to care for their cows and make incredible milk.
The Bovine Reproductive Facility and Laboratory is a new division to their business; a joint venture with two global reproductive organisations, it will provide access to advanced reproductive services to Australian bovine producers and some of the most cutting-edge technology available.
- A recognised degree or Veterinary qualification is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in bovine reproduction
- Availability to move to Australia and overseas periodically
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedule based on seasonal volume demands
- Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- AETA certification or Australian equivalent (MACVSc in Reproduction or Member of Australian Reproductive Veterinarians) a plus - assistance can be provided to obtain
- Experience in Ovum Pick up techniques is a plus however full training will be provided.
Remuneration: A very competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidate.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button