We are currently looking to recruit a Ruminant Technical Advisor (FA) to drive the growth of our feed additives business focussing on the ruminant feed additive range. Reporting to the Ruminant Technical Manager, based on a clear understanding of market, customer trends and opportunities, a significant focus of this role is to identify, target and develop new business opportunities. You will be responsible for marketing, promotional and technical strategies for ruminant feed additive products including brands Intellibond, Optimin and FarmOSan. You will also work closely with the wider technical team to compile and interpret research and develop new products. Successful applicants will also be required to provide technical support to customers answering daily queries and liaising with formulations and pricing to ensure customers’ needs are met.
Other Key Accountabilities Include:
Understand the market, needs and trends
- Develop marketing plans to achieve strategic objectives set, and set and achieve financial budgets for the defined product range.
- Keep the wider business informed of market trends and changes and be able to present at regional and Global level.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to raise the profile of the relevant ruminant brands.
- Work closely with global marketing to bring applications from R&D through to trials and prepare and lead the market launch process.
- Understand the key cost drivers of a defined product range to establish appropriate pricing strategy.
- Train Account Managers on key aspects of the product range
- Understand and develop the technical value proposition for products and services.
Business Development and Customer Support
- Provide ongoing technical support to key customers.
- Actively seek out and develop new business opportunities for the product range, using knowledge gained about the market to identify and target new potential growth.
Applicants will have experience of the animal feed industry particularly relevant to ruminant nutrition and preservation product range, ideally gained within a similar role or through practical experience in a mill environment. As this role requires a mix of commercial and technical ability a degree in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Biological Sciences or Agriculture is required.
The successful candidate will be results focused with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. You will be motivated and able to work on your own and in a team and you will be able to demonstrate strong presentation skills. Whilst the position is primarily office based, there will be some travel with this role.
Applicants with the experience as outlined above should apply in writing, stating current salary and enclosing a curriculum vitae.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button