Job Title: Stockperson (Permanent, Full Time)
Department: Animal Production, Welfare & Veterinary Sciences
Salary: £24,461 to £26,715
(The point of entry will be dependent upon relevant qualifications and experience)
Location: Newport, Shropshire
Opening Date: 25 September 2020
Closing Date: 18th October 2020
Harper Adams is looking to recruit Stockperson. The role reports to the Livestock Unit Manager but will require working as part of a team with a range of academic and technical staff involved in teaching and research activities primarily related to farm animals. The successful candidate will primarily work with beef and sheep animals but also when required with pigs, poultry and dairy animals, used within teaching and research activities of the department. The nature of the work and the need to ensure that all activities are undertaken as necessary there will be a need for flexibility and to work across a range of animal systems.
Duties will include:
• Care of the beef and pig herds and sheep and poultry flocks on a day to day basis, informing the Unit Manager of any major activities/problems
• Ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained throughout the site.
• Assisting with profitably maintaining productivity.
• Taking a role in providing, monitoring and recording information such as nutrition, breeding, genetics and animal health.
• Efficiently maintaining required herd records such the medicine book, health events and individual animal records
• Planning for and meeting all necessary production standards
• Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations.
• Maintenance, cleansing and disinfection of livestock facilities.
• Assisting in ensuring that optimum levels of herd/flock productivity are achieved
• Assisting in general stock care duties when required
• Working as an efficient and flexible team member
• Ensuring that all activities are carried out as efficiently and timely as possible to maintain performance and animal welfare
• Assisting students, staff and visitors to understand, and make use of the Animals Group facilities where necessary
If you have any queries or questions or for an informal discussion please contact Richard Hooper via email at email@example.com For further information about the University or to see full job description, please visit our website at www.harper-adams.ac.uk
All applications should be completed and submitted using the Harper Adams e-Recruitment programme at http://jobs.harper-adams.ac.uk to be completed no later than midnight on 18 October 2020.
This post is unlikely to meet the relevant criteria to allow the University to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship. Applications from candidates who require a Certificate of Sponsorship to work in the UK will be considered against the requirements stated in the recruitment documentation. Recruitment decisions will be made in accordance with the UK Visas and Immigration guidance.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button