Our Business Assurance business is a recognised, world-leading professional assurance services organisation. We specialise in management systems compliance & expert advice across a broad spectrum of standards, schemes & business improvement services to include customised training & assurance. In Inspection Services, we certify safety critical industrial equipment according to recognised codes, standards & regulations. We also partner with companies to provide tailored high-quality inspection services throughout their manufacturing supply chains, making sure equipment is built safely & to their requirements. With over 30 years’ experience of working across the food supply chain, LR has specialists able to assist dairies, livestock farmers, aquaculture sites, fisheries or crop producers with assurance requirements. Our wide range of services covers everything from animal welfare to sustainability and environmental responsibility, giving a complete range of assurance services.
The Certification Officer will be primarily responsible for the technical review and certification decision of the audit for the key Livestock Schemes, namely Dairy, Beef & Lamb and Pigs in accordance with the LR Quality Procedures, UKAS accreditation requirements and scheme owner KPIs.
- Support your line manager in delivery of the technical review and certification decision for completed audit reports
- Ensure that key scheme KPI’s, SLA’s and other requirements are maintained through the regular review of status reports and the validation of data in the core systems.
- Carry out application reviews and process scheme members/participants applications in accordance with the relevant Quality Procedures, meeting scheme SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Ensure that information relating to members and participants is maintained and updated in accordance with relevant scheme SLA’s and KPIs.
- Provide scheme support to auditors, members, participants and scheme staff.
- Ensure that databases and client portals are updated in a timely manner, especially where membership, auditor, or client data changes.
- Log corrective evidence in internal systems in a timely manner to ensure the certification process meets KPI’s.
- Issue correspondence and certificates in line with Quality Procedures and KPI’s.
- Focus on continual improvement of services to members, auditors and participants by taking part in internal and external events as required.
- Undertake peer reviews.
You will need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant agriculture subject or a minimum of 2 years practical experience in the field of agriculture.
- An approved certification qualification (Red Tractor or equivalent) and/or experience in delivering or participating in farm assurance audits.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK agriculture industry legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Knowledge of agricultural quality assurance schemes within the livestock sector, including food safety assurance, traceability and organic certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills either over the phone with a scheme member or when completing application forms for members or writing reports Focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to handle difficult customers and have difficult conversations, often over the phone
- To be well organised with the ability to plan and schedule work effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- To be IT literate and experienced with Microsoft Office packages
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long-term goals.