Our Business Assurance business is a recognised, world-leading professional assurance services organisation. We specialise in management systems compliance & expert advice across a broad spectrum of standards, schemes & business improvement services to include customised training & assurance. In Inspection Services, we certify safety critical industrial equipment according to recognised codes, standards & regulations. We also partner with companies to provide tailored high-quality inspection services throughout their manufacturing supply chains, making sure equipment is built safely & to their requirements. With over 30 years’ experience of working across the food supply chain, LR has specialists able to assist dairies, livestock farmers, aquaculture sites, fisheries or crop producers with assurance requirements. Our wide range of services covers everything from animal welfare to sustainability and environmental responsibility, giving a complete range of assurance services.
Reporting to the Head of Edinburgh Operations and Technical & Quality, the Assessor Manager (Agriculture) will be a key member of the Agriculture team leading a large team comprising of employed and subcontracted assessors across a wide range of agriculture and feed schemes.
The Assessor Manager (Agriculture) will have a good understanding of global primary and supply chain agriculture. In addition, they will have a good understanding of the key assurance processes underpinning the relevant schemes operating within the regional market place and will be a qualified agriculture assessor.
- Work with the Lead Technical Manager and lead Customer Services Manager to plan and co-ordinate the recruitment and onboarding of field assessor resource, to ensure they are in the right place with the right skills at the right cost to the business, ensuring the timely service delivery of relevant programmes/schemes to LR customers in the most cost effective way.
- Lead, manage and develop assessors through, performance management, talent/succession planning, training and development activity to build and sustain a high-performance culture.
- Responsible for the performance management of assessors, ensuring that assessments are completed, and reports submitted in line with the SLA’s and KPI’s for schemes and programmes.
- Ensure that the programme of witnessed audits are carried out by appropriately qualified personnel and in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for developing, implementing and the tracking of calibration processes ensuring that assessors undertake their work at all times to the required quality standard, consistently and in a customer focused manner.
- Use insights taken from team performance and metrics, to make recommendations to the lead technical manager and lead customer services manager, on actions to improve processes, resources and service delivery to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met.
- Share knowledge and industry best practice with assessor colleagues to build and maintain service excellence.
- Provide technical expertise and input into the team, where relevant, including conducting technical review of applications, assessment reports and reviewing guidance on the interpretation of standards for assessors.
- Assess in an agriculture scheme(s) in order to meet utilisation targets in line with LR’s global approach to assessor management
You will need:
- A tertiary qualification in an agriculture related subject or demonstrable practical experience within the agriculture sector.
- To be an approved agriculture assessor against internationally recognised standards
- To possess good knowledge of global primary agriculture and supply chain sectors
- To possess good understanding of accreditation and quality management systems
- Experience of leading a team, preferably a remote team and driving performance through coaching
- To have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of how to deliver an excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Good IT skills including ability to use Microsoft packages competently. Experience in electronic data capture at assessment locations is also an advantage.
What we offer:
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long-term goals.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button