We require an enthusiastic and experienced herdsperson to carry out day-day duties on a family run 230 cow unit near to Kings Norton circa 8 miles from Birmingham.
This is an excellent family farm which achieves top class results. The cows are commercial Holsteins milked twice a day achieving over 10,000 litres. The high yielders are housed all year around with the low yielders out to grass in the summer months. The main unit is around 250 acres although the family have recently taken the tenancy of a local farm which will be used for forage and youngstock.
- 15:30 parlour with ACRs, back flush and direct line
- AYR calving (Adapting to spring and autumn blocks)
- Cubicles fitted with mats
- Good handling facilities including crush & race
- Modern buildings including excellent youngstock housing.
- Modern machinery with tele handler which are changed every few years.
Key responsibilities will include milking, heat detection, administration of medications and vaccinations and general herd health, youngstock, general farm labour, fertility and record keeping. The successful candidate must have previous dairy experience and ideally have had a similar role recently.
We are offering a competitive salary with bonus schemes, regular time off. Whilst there is no accommodation with the role, the farm will pay for local accommodation. All enquiries handled in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button