Grass Technology is recruiting a new UK-based Sales Manager to cover a territory comprising Scotland and the northern half of England, with an anticipated boundary around Manchester (to be determined).
Grass Technology – based in County Carlow, Ireland – is Europe’s largest producer of zero grazers and is recruiting a new Sales Manager to introduce the new range of zero grazers complete with disc mowers, as well as an impressively engineered range of agricultural machinery.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking a permanent full-time Area Sales Manager to represent, distribute and sell Grass Technology machines throughout Scotland and Northern England. The machines which the successful candidate will be selling include zero-grazers, beet choppers, seeders, slurry tankers and dribble bars/trailing shoes (plus retrofitting of the same).
The right candidate will have established networks in agriculture, possibly have an agricultural background, and will have a strong track record in building relationships, managing sales pipelines, using CRM and databases. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working remotely and spending a lot of time on the road, with some international travel.
- This role involves building relationships with customers and distributors, converting prospects and leads into sales, closing and upselling.
- Maintaining relationships with the customer, long after sale is a vital component of this role – we gather feedback and data on an ongoing basis and ensure servicing and maintenance is dealt with quickly.
- Managing sales pipelines, personal data and CRM.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all customers and colleagues.
- Excellent ICT skills – experienced at CRM a distinct advantage
- Personable and strong persuasion skills – a discerning relationship manager
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Drive to exceed targets and a hunger to grow the territory
- Experience in Dairy/Agriculture industry (preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge would be advantageous
- Proven ability to work independently on your own initiative
- Full clean driving license is essential.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive annual salary (negotiable, depending on experience)
- Commission on sales
- Phone and personal computer
- Full product training and support
- Company Vehicle
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button