An excellent career opportunity has arisen in North East Scotland either for a BASIS qualified agronomist or an experienced arable person wishing to become a commercial agronomist and willing to pass BASIS.
Candidates are likely to have previous experience in the Agricultural and Arable Sector or may have worked in Farm Management, Agronomy, Field Trials, Estate Management or similar and now be ready to progress into a sales and marketing role
Job role Requirements:-
- Relevant degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related plant science but may not be essential for the right outgoing personality
- Sound technical knowledge of and passion for UK Agriculture and arable farming
- Up to date knowledge of cereal crops and grassland husbandry essential.
- BASIS qualified or have the ability to gain the BASIS qualification within 12 months
- Previous experience of building relationships with or selling agricultural products to farmers and growers.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal and good negotiation skills.
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-starter.
- A good standard of numeracy and IT Literate
- Able to work autonomously.
- Full UK driving licence
Appropriate training will be given and the successful supported will be mentored by the company’s senior agronomist
– An agri-business qualification would be an advantage
– A good standard of numeracy
– A good understanding of arable farming
– IT Literate
– Excellent communicator
– Full UK Driving Licence
North East Scotland centred on Perthshire & Tayside
A competitive remuneration package is on offer to the successful applicant
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button