This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company who are a progressive rural retail supply business with over 50 stores in England. Celebrating 60 years providing everything the farmer and rural dweller needs. We are the best kept secret!
Our values are core to our success and drive our culture.
Reporting into the Business Centre Manager you will be a key member of the store management team where you will be responsible for maximising sales and the performance of your store through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
This is a permanent full-time role, contracted to 37.5 Hours per week, working on a 5 out of 7-day rota basis.
- Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
- Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of product knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
- Being responsible for motivating, training and developing your team.
- Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
- You will be a Duty Manager and take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the Business Centre Manager.
- Being involved in absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
- You’ll have a passion for retail and a passion for agriculture!
- You’ll have at least 2 year’s management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a hospitality environment. Ideally, you will have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you have taken a hands-on approach.
- You will have a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results!
- You’ll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
- You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful store and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
What can we offer you?:
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Employee discount
- Life assurance after 1 years’ service
- Membership to our Employee Assistance Programme from Heath Assured
- Specsavers Eyecare Vouchers
- Convenient location with Free Parking
- Service recognition benefits including additional holiday
- Great training programmes that set you up for success
- Internal progression opportunities
*Please note for advertising purposes we have used the job title "Assistant Manager", our own internal title for this position will be "Shop Manager" and this is what will be detailed on the successful candidates contract of employment.
*We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*With Covid-19 in mind, we have adapted our interview process accordingly and it may be that your interview will be virtual, taking place via Skype or TEAMS.*