Dairy Herds Manager
The Farming Operation itself consists of 2 dairy Herds, one 250 Cow Spring Calving Grazing Herd and one 375 Cow Autumn Block Calving Self-fed Herd with a separate Young Stock Rearing Unit, all within short distance of one another.
You are to provide smooth day to day running of the Livestock enterprise alongside the Family and Co-workers
Ensure animals are kept in a Healthy state, vaccinations etc., reporting or treating Animals, liaising with vets as and when necessary.
Grassland Management a must, knowledge of Grass Measuring and Agrinet preferred.
Capable of using Uniform Management System. Keeping Farm Assurance Documentation up to date
Must be hands-on to help out with AI, Calving’s and Milking as and when required.
Ideally encourage staff to be Self-motivated across the Units.
Good Sense of Humour essential, would suit someone with Positive Attitude to Life.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Milking cows, ensure Optimum Milk and Milk qualities, including Bactoscan and Cell Counts.
- Ensuring adequate Grass Covers available to cows, when out Grazing, allocating right Paddocks and Size. Training can be provided in Grass Measuring and Allocation.
- Assist with Managing the Silage required by providing correct amount of face at Self-feed Clamp and Silage between relevant Units
- Assist with the Identification of Bulling, Sick and Lame animals at earliest opportunity and treat accordingly.
- Attending Training and relevant Meetings are encouraged to help your own Professional and Farm and Development. This could involve time off Farm and sometimes even a couple of days away.
- Treating everyone as part of a Team, we are all responsible for the Farm’s successful Operation and Each other.
Salary, working times and housing
- Generous Salary offered in line with Position and relevant Experience
- Average Hours worked per Week are 50hrs/wk. can vary from more during Calving and Silage-ing, but less during quieter periods i.e. when Cows dry.
- Every other Weekend off. When working Weekend, ½ Day off during the Week.
- Flexible timings on Days off after mutual discussion with Family and Co-workers. Bank Holidays by mutual agreement, a bit of give and take on both sides.
- 4 weeks Holiday/year. Ideally taken during quieter Times. January/.July
- Use of Farm Vehicles for running between Farms
- Cottage available Rent Free with the Job. Occupier is responsible for Water, Rates and Power.
- Nearest Village 2 Miles with Primary School, nearest Town 5 Miles with Secondary School, Shops etc. Nearest Beach 10 miles.
Please send a relevant to the job CV (A must!) and at least 2 References (A must!) to Luppo Diepenbroek by email. Closing date 21st December. Job starts January 2021