De Lacy Executive are searching for an experienced forestry manager to oversee an expanding portfolio of new plantations of a fast-growing hardwood. With an aim to cover 2,000Ha of previously intensively farmed agricultural land, the right candidate will have an excellent understanding and interest in carbon capture and habitat management. This exciting business makes ecology and biodiversity a top priority while providing an extensive carbon sink alongside timber production.
- Oversee the planting of all new woodland and manage accordingly to a high specification for a premium hardwood timber market.
- Liaise with the Director of Agronomy over the growing season schedules of operations.
- Manage a team of six full time staff as well as seasonal workers.
- Maintain excellent relationships with landowners, keeping them notified of operations and issues arising from each site.
- You will be responsible for appointing all of your staff and promote leaders within your team to operate the plantations effectively.
- Plan and deliver monthly reports to the board of directors.
- Experience in leading a team.
- IT skills & mapping skills are essential.
- An interest in Carbon Capture, Ecology and Habitat Management.
- Woodland Habitat Management experience.
- Practical Woodland Operation skills.
- Experience in forestry Harvesting & Logistics.
- An understanding of Hardwood markets and processing requirements.
- Adaptable and Flexible during busy periods.
- A competitive package is available to include a vehicle and a share option after two years of employment. A relocation package will be considered for the right candidate.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call: Jane Righton: Office 01885 483440, DD: 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.