Would you like an interesting long-term opportunity?
Cogent Breeding Limited have an exciting opportunity for an individual who has a proven sales background in agriculture who is results-driven, but who can deliver on 'Our Promise' selling pioneering genetics to farmers to achieve their individual goals.
Who will I be working with?
Cogent is one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK's largest bull stud. The award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting services and products to more than 60 countries.
With a workforce of over 150 professional team members and substantial investment and backing from Sexing Technologies, including access to their revolutionary SexedULTRA 4M™ sexed semen. We are a company with a very bright future for UK and International business growth.
At our core is our people. Cogent understand that investing in the right calibre of candidate is what makes us the place to be for a delivery driver, especially if that candidate wishes to work for a forward-thinking company that listens to and values its people.
So, what will the role of Genetics Consultant be?
Being part of a dynamic UK Sales team you will report to the Regional Sales Manager in your area. It will be your responsibility to provide a first class breeding advisory service to dairy and beef farmers on the Cogent portfolio of products and services to achieve genetic improvement in the customers herd.
- Establishing & maintaining good customer relationships and provide excellent customer service at all times by understanding the customers business need
- Providing farmers with the best advice and options on how they meet their individual targets on farm and make recommendations for improvements
- Managing and building a portfolio of customers in order to achieve your individual targets
- Reviewing, planning and prioritising your daily farm visits
Developing & maintaining your knowledge of the Cogent portfolio of products & services and maintain your knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Continually developing and improving both yourself and working practices
What will I need to be considered for this Genetics Consultant vacancy?
- Have knowledge of the Bovine Breeding Industry
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced and focussed sales role and achieving individual targets
- Motivated and driven to achieve results
- A strong communicator both verbally and written
- Good at building and maintaining positive relationships
- Smart and tidy appearance
- Full clean driving license
What will I receive in return?
- You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career
- Salary: Competitive
- Sales bonus
- 21 days annual leave increasing to 23 days after 12 months’ service and increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service plus bank holidays, Pension, Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Matching Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
- Employee Discounts
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button