Main Purpose of Role:
To provide health program management and administrative support to the Company Vet.
- To have a clear understanding of the bovine AI regulatory requirements and the CBL Health Testing Procedures in order to schedule health testing for the CBL resident sires to allow the herd to complete the prescribed CBL Health Protocol.
- To co-ordinate the health testing and sire movement schedule with the Livestock Manager and Company Vet and provide accurate health testing worksheets to the Livestock Team.
- Tracking sample submissions and notifying internal staff of all lab results especially recognising those of an urgent nature.
- Maintain stocks of necessary veterinary supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal sire record database systems and files are accurately maintained up-to-date.
- To ensure there is an auditable trail of completed health tests, approved by the Company Vet prior to any bull movements either into, within or on exit from the CBL herd.
- To facilitate the statutory movements of all Company bulls, updating internal and external recording systems and location layouts.
- Organise the testing and movement of new purchase bulls from Farm to Cogent facility.
- Organise the testing and movement of Custom Collection bulls from EU Studs to a Cogent facility including export certification.
- Responsible for acquiring DNA and parentage results for purchased bulls, updating sire record files and notifying the Genetics team of any anomalies.
- Support Bull Rearing Unit Lead with livestock duties.
- Support semen export personnel with lab results or records.
- Support semen processing laboratory team with sire ID records and semen production targets.
- To comply with Company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance
- To ensure that all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled and that the team’s (including the role holder), visitors and contractors safety and welfare is maintained
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time
- Previous experience of veterinary admin, livestock admin or a diagnostic laboratory
- Organised and meticulous on detail, enjoys following standard processes and procedures.
- A hard working individual committed to achieving team goals.
- Must be livestock clean
- Experience of working with livestock would be an advantage
Essential Cogent Attributes:
- Works well with others by building positive relationships, working with integrity, being direct and straightforward whilst respecting and considering others
- Works well in teams by building team spirit, delivering team goals and being flexible
- Manages Knowledge by researching new idea ideas and capturing new learning
- Shares Knowledge by communicating with focus, simplicity and clarity and is able to differentiate fact from opinion
- Adapts to Change by being able to deal with uncertainty and accepting new ideas
- Plans and Organises well, by prioritising their activities and managing their time
- Applies their Expertise and Skills by keeping up to date with their specialist knowledge and demonstrating business and financial awareness
- Delivers Results to a high standard whilst meeting financial targets and deadlines
- Leads themselves by taking responsibility, being positive and tackling challenges with enthusiasm
Key Performance Indicators:
Tracking of bull movements and tracking, reporting and recording health results on time and accurately allowing sire movements and production targets to meet expected deadlines.
Excellent working relationships with both internal and external parties and livestock team.
High attention to detail, bio-security, disease response and statutory/regulatory paperwork
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button