Alternative Feed Trader
Are you interested in agricultural commodities and keeping abreast of the marketplace?
Do you enjoy building relationships with customers and suppliers?
If so, we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with a dedicated interest in agriculture looking for a commercial career as an Alternative Feeds Trader.
We are a flexible working employer and welcome applications from those living throughout the UK.
The successful applicant will be required to attend meetings on an ad-hoc basis at our alternative feeds office in Launceston, Cornwall, when Covid-19 restrictions allow.
Salaries are dependent on skills and experience and will be discussed on application.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building longstanding relationships with our customers, suppliers, and sales team members.
- Proactively seek new customers through regular prospecting.
- Liaising with our suppliers to ensure our customers receive the best possible pricing and service levels.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A keen interest and understanding of the agricultural commodities market, trends, pricing, and demand.
- Previous experience working in an agricultural commercial environment or possess previous practical agriculture experience, possibly in farm management or on the family farm.
- Passionate with a sound understanding of UK agriculture and terminology.
- Drive and determination, and comfortable working within a sales environment
We are continually monitoring the guidelines and advice provided by the UK Government as we navigate our way through Covid-19. As a business we take the safety and wellbeing of every one of our employees seriously and we are providing robust protocols and guidance to ensure the risk of spread is reduced and that all employees feel supported. It is our priority to ensure our candidates also remain safe and well in this unprecedented situation. Therefore, we have adapted our interview process accordingly and it may be that your interview will be virtual, taking place via TEAMS.
Would you like to work for a values-based organization with true spirit and heritage, then this opportunity might just be for you!
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button