Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Please note that this is a home-based national position and therefore welcome applicants from across the UK. The successful candidate will be expected to travel widely, as required for the successful execution of the role, with regular visits to our Head Office in Wolverhampton.
You will have a deep knowledge of agriculture and relevant sales leadership experience in the industry, with a recent track record of successful sales to agribusinesses, such as farm advisory businesses, nutritionists and agronomy companies. You will have existing strong relationships that will allow you to make an impact in this role from day one.
The role requires a particular focus on selling analytical services into the dairy and arable sectors, so a thorough understanding of both is required. You will have a deep knowledge of the latest developments in these areas, the changing environmental and financial considerations and how our products and services can help those in the industry thrive.
You will also invest time in account management of the customers you gain, ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest level. By continuing to solve customer’s problems you will contribute to the success of their businesses.
- To generate profitable new business in line with the overall UK & IE strategy.
- To develop opportunities to increase revenue generation with existing customers.
- To ensure a planned approach to customer management; protecting existing revenue, relationship building and customer retention..
- It is anticipated you will spend c.70% of your time on business development, generating new, profitable business.
- It is expected you will spend c.30% of your time managing accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction and building strong relationships.
- To sell the company’s services and products to ensure the achievement of targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and overall business objectives.
- To generate prospects, follow up leads, attend sales meetings, develop quotations and convert quotes into new business.
- To undertake price reviews and annual renegotiation of commercial agreements.
- To produce ad hoc reports for the Managing Director.
- To ensure that the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and any other systems utilised by the company are maintained with up to date information.
- To work closely with Laboratory Operatives and Analytical Services Managers to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Input on reporting, forecasting, planning and market intelligence plus new business initiatives.
- To provide marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity and new business opportunities.
- To input into the development of the company's sales and marketing strategies, in identifying market sectors, new business opportunities and threats to the business.
- To work closely with the Marketing Team on developing marketing initiatives to generate new business.
- To draw to the attention of Managers cases of dissatisfaction for remedial action ensuring that such cases are followed through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Education to degree level, or equivalent, in an appropriate agricultural discipline is desirable
- Extensive knowledge of soil and plant science.
- Extensive knowledge of forage, feed and animal nutrition.
- Relevant agricultural industry experience, ideally including testing and analysis.
- Strong networking, communication and influencing skills.
- Proven success in agricultural sales.
- Proven experience in working to and exceeding targets .
- General understanding of relevant quality and technical standards (e.g. UKAS/ISO 17025).
- Excellent business and industry acumen.
- Ability to present complex information face to face.
- Tenacious and target driven.
- Excellent presentation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Committed to customer care.
- Adaptable and able to sell into a diverse customer base.
- Be able to work autonomously.
- Current and valid driving licence.
Eurofins Agro UK & Ireland is a leading analytical services provider for agriculture and horticulture. Our advanced technologies and unique capabilities give analysis results that provide greater accuracy and added insight. We call this Growing Insight. It gives farmers, growers, agronomists, nutritionists and advisors an advantage that helps them find the marginal gains needed to increase efficiency and profitability on farm.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button