Trainee Business Development Manager- Beef- Wiltshire
- De Lacy Executive Recruitment
- The remuneration package will be very competitive.
- Job Sector
- Food & Produce, Sales & Marketing, Beef
- Contract Type
This is your opportunity as a recent graduate or someone at the beginning of their career to work for a progressive, dynamic business that is expanding in the Wiltshire area.
De Lacy's client manages on-farm calf collections, calf rearing and beef finishing operations through a network of contracted beef farms. Their unique business model, which provides consistency throughout the entire operation, ensures that all cattle are reared using the same model across all units, providing high quality consistent British Beef. This enables farmers to reinvest in their beef units and provide a long term and sustainable supply of beef to UK customers.
The Business Development Manager will help to secure business with farmers to secure a range of forward price beef finishing contracts available for most types of finished cattle as well as interacting with retailers.
This role is particularly suitable for those that have graduated within the last 2/3 years and have since had a role within a commercial business OR are at the beginning if their careers and looking for progression and are looking for a varied, progressive position within the UK beef market.
Your day to day responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Developing excellent relationships with beef finishers and manage a customer base to achieve company goals.
- Providing beef finishers with feedback and information from data gathered to enhance the supply chain.
- Cultivating long term business relationships with current and prospective suppliers.
- Learning and understanding each Customer's specific requirements to manage their enterprises accordingly.
- Developing and nurturing key Customer Farmer Supplier Groups.
- Ensure welfare standards are upheld.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have an awareness of the meat production sector.
- Have had some experience in promotion and sales on farm since graduating (university degree not essential).
- Have excellent attention to detail and the ability to plan and communicate effectively.
- Be a self-starting, solution driven, active team player.
- Be able to make independent decisions.
- Understand the economy and how this relates to customers.
- Have excellent animal husbandry and industry knowledge of the UK livestock industry
- Have a willingness to travel and have a flexible attitude towards your role.
- Have established IT skills and a knowledge of ordering systems.
The remuneration package will be very competitive and will open you up to further training and progression within this dynamic business.
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01885 485525.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.