Precision Technician (Dumfries & Galloway)
Do you have bovine reproductive experience (preferred) or significant dairy experience, and are AI qualified? Are you motivated, passionate and understand the benefits of providing customers a daily service that's right first time, every time, rather than just in time or just about good enough? Would you like a long-term career rather than just a job?
If you think this could be you then read on...
Who will I be working with?
Cogent is one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK's largest bull stud. The award winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence exporting services and products to more than 60 countries.
With a workforce of over 170 professional team members and substantial investment and backing from Sexing Technologies, including access to their revolutionary SexedULTRA 4M™ sexed semen. We are a company with a very bright future for UK and International business growth.
At our core is our people. Cogent understand that investing in the right calibre of candidate is what makes us the place to be for Precision Reproductive Specialists, especially if that candidate wishes to work for a forward-thinking company that listens to and values its people.
One aim: To provide UK dairy farmers with world class genetics and reproductive services.
So, what is the role of a Precision Technician?
Reporting to the Precision Operations Manager and Area Team Leader. You will offer Cogent Internal Precision Training, deliver a high quality, reproduction and breeding service. Providing expert advice and assisting customers in meeting reproductive objectives and developing the Precision service.
Tasks to include:
- Building effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
- Running an efficient service utilising Cogent's state-of-the-art heat detection system and whole herd management solution, to ensure accurate and timely artificial insemination of cattle
- Taking responsibility for your customers fertility data and herd reports
- Preparing reports and providing detailed action reports to customers and Team Leader
- Liaising with industry professionals such as Veterinarians and Nutritionists
What will I need to be considered for this Precision Technician vacancy?
- Be AI qualified, a good knowledge of animal husbandry, with the ability to understand and converse with industry professionals
- Professional and friendly attitude with excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Highly organised, diligent, self motivated and able to overcome challenges
- Must have a can do attitude and a proven team player, able to deliver the highest quality of service to your customers 365 days a year
- IT literacy
- Full UK driving licence
- Proven experience providing a high standard of artificial insemination services, in-depth reproductive technical knowledge, although full training will be provided for the right candidates
What will I receive in return?
- You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career.
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Performance related bonus
- 21 days annual leave increasing to 23 days after 12 months’ service and increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service plus bank holidays
- Matching Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
- Employee Discounts
Contract Type: Permanent
* Must have a full (manual) UK Driving Licence *