An exciting farm management role in a progressive business, Kirkcaldy Fife.
The Buffalo Farm is a forward-thinking farm, covering 600 acres of grass over 3 holdings, supporting an established herd of 400 water buffalo, as well as native cattle and sheep.
The business now seeks a farm manager to lead this business towards introducing rotational grazing systems to improve output and productivity of the land. Increasing and forecasting outputs of the beef enterprise, both buffalo and native cattle, as well as lamb and overseeing the newly established buffalo dairy herd.
Working closely with our retail and management team to identify, establish and maintain relationships with farm partners in native beef and lamb, as well as buffalo for meat and milk production. Ensuring the quality, consistency and integrity of our product and brand is maintained.
The position requires somebody with a passion for livestock with a positive outlook and solution-based approach. Who can lead a team striving to be at the forefront of its sector, selling directly to consumers.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for -:
1. Production and sourcing of all branded meat (Buffalo, Beef, and Lamb) and Buffalo milk.
2. Land management.
3. Health and well-being of the herd and flock.
4. Management of farm equipment, machinery and property.
5. Sourcing and Purchasing of high value inputs to meet the business needs.
6. Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in legislation, grants, agricultural science, and animal nutrition.
7. Health & Safety regulations are understood and adhered to.
8. Leadership and Development of team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, have sound people skills and good technical skills with experience and attributes in the following areas which are essential -:
1. Experience in Cattle and Sheep management
2. Forward thinking in research, forecasting and understanding of new technologies available.
3. Ability to balance financial, environmental & social profit whilst managing cashflow effectively.
4. Experience in managing a team and being part of the wider management team of The Buffalo Farm and initiating and implementing new ways of working.
Experience which is desirable although not essential -:
1. Dairy Experience
2. Degree in Agriculture.
3. Experience of rotational grazing system.
The position comes with a competitive salary based on experience.
Please send applications (Current CV and covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information contact Steven Mitchell directly on 07789 865 575. All communications will be treated in strict confidence.
Short listed candidates will be asked to complete a psychometric profile as part of our recruitment process.