We have a position on an excellent dairy farm in the heart of the Midlands milk field. This is an excellent family farm with good facilities and accommodation on farm. We require a herdsperson to join the team and either take on responsibility immediately or gradually take on responsibility.
The herd comprises of mainly Pedigree Holstein Friesian cows which historically produced over 11,000 litres. However, in the past few years, the farm have shifted to a late summer/autumn calving block with focus on fertility and getting milk from forage, the aim now is a sustainable 9500 litre cow.
- 20:40 parlour with seg gate and back flush.
- 370 cubicles bedded on sawdust.
- X2 milking per day, 9,500 litres with around 7-7.5% solids, current cell count is 120 and bactoscan 12. Paddock grazed in summer, TMR winter.
- Heifers served to sex semen and housed on straw yards. 22-24month calving age.
- 400 acres owned, 200 rented.
We are looking for someone who will fit into the team, who must have good cow knowledge and have been in a similar role in the past.
Key responsibilities of the role will be milking, herd health and fertility, young stock and calves, vet routines and record keeping. A.I and foot trimming experience is beneficial, but not essential.
In return for your efforts we offer a highly competitive salary, regular time off, 2- bedroom accommodation on farm with all bills paid or family accommodation off farm.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button