£23,000 - £27,000 per annum
+ rent-free housing + utility bills + pension + other benefits
A minimum of 40 hours per week
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,000 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
About the Role
· The milking herd is comprised of approximately 200 Holstein-Friesian cows and 50 Guernsey cows, on a high standard M&S contract. Milking takes place through a brand new state-of-the-art 30:30 rapid-exit GEA parlour.
· Calving takes place in two seasonal blocks, with the Holstein-Friesians calving in the autumn, and the Guernseys in spring.
· You will be able to milk and be responsible for the dairy in the absence of the Herd Manager.
· You will have an interest in working with, and demonstrating best practice to, students.
· You will be keen to develop their skills set in a highly supportive environment.
· You will also be expected to be familiar with precision livestock farming and Agri-technology
· You will be a flexible team player, with a willingness to assist on the other enterprises as needed.
What we Offer
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Local Government Pension Scheme
· Employee Discounts Scheme
· Onsite fitness facilities
· Support for continuous professional development
· Flexible working opportunities available
· 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button