RESPONSIBLE TO: Mat Products Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Harvesting and Loading of Mat products. Maintenance of Equipment, Management of Harvest teams, General Farm Worker duties.
PURPOSE OF JOB
1. To provide driving and organisational skills to carry out harvesting operations
2. To fulfil customer expectations through defined deadlines.
3. To ensure the smooth running and operational activities within the Mat Product Enterprise
4. To carry out general farm worker duties as required
5. To ensure all Quality Protocols and Systems are maintained across the business
6. To carry out all work within Health & Safety guidelines
1. To forward plan tasks for the pre harvesting/harvesting team in conjunction with the Mat Products Manager.
2. To organise casual labour teams as required to cover daily harvest requirements
3. To carry out tractor driving, fork truck and harvesting of mat products, shunter/trailer driving.
4. To monitor and maintain all quality standards whilst harvesting
5. To react quickly and effectively on the orders to ensure customer needs are satisfied
6. To ensure product is of the grade and standard for the customers’ needs
7. To monitor stock levels alongside Mat Products Manager.
8. Provide consistent, efficient communications with despatch, head office sales and manger
9. Loading of lorries
10. General maintenance of machinery in line with Machinery manuals
11. Maintenance of Pallets, Pallet ordering and monthly stock count
12. Completion of relevant daily harvest data recording and Paperwork
n conjunction with/in the absence of the Mat Products Manager:
• To oversee the day to day harvesting operations, ensure the timely and accurate harvesting of all mat products, within all health and safety procedures
• Monitor and authorise overtime when required
• To monitor and maintain quality across the enterprise as well as harvesting.
• To maximise the efficiency of the production and harvesting systems and workforce to manage overtime levels without compromising service delivery
1. Ensure fields are kept in a tidy and proper manner
2. Ensure loading and dispatch to correct trailers
4. Loading soil, bark and any other commodities that may arise
5. General Farm Worker duties
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you may be asked to perform different tasks as necessitated by changing roles within the organisation, and where this is for the production company a record of hours worked will need to be kept.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button