A well-established, successful and respected family-owned farming business with sites across the UK. We are the largest grower and distributor of turf in the UK and also run a successful arable enterprise as well as growing sedum and wildflower mat products. Turf is grown at the two farms located in Norfolk and Lancashire and our arable enterprise is based at the Norfolk farm. We run a large fleet of machinery including specialist turf, potato and other agricultural machinery.
We are looking for an agricultural engineer to work in our new purpose-built 900m2 on-site workshop at Feltwell, Norfolk. The desired candidate will be required to work within a small team of engineers and fitters across the arable, turf and matting enterprises. Experience in Agricultural Engineering preferred. This will be a varied role which will require a multi-skilled and practically-minded engineer whose responsibilities will also include attending breakdowns as well as servicing and maintaining our fleet of agricultural and estate equipment including tractors, turf equipment and self-propelled machinery.
• Repairing & servicing machinery and equipment.
• The diagnosis & rectification of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic & functional problems with tractors and machinery.
• To maintain on-site vehicles and machinery fleet.
• Ensuring down-time of essential machinery is minimised
• Ensuring work is carried out to a high standard to meet expectations.
• Ensuring that all work/maintenance is recorded and carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
• Must have the ability to diagnose and repair agricultural machinery and tractors.
• Must have good knowledge of diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems and electrics.
• Must have welding experience
• Should be able to drive a forklift.
• Will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Is willing to work additional hours during busy periods and as the business requires
• Good time management skills
• A clean B1 UK driving licence
• Competitive salary
• Membership of the Auto-enrolment Group Personal Pension Plan available from the month following successful completion of your probationary period.
• Life insurance paid for by the company
• Optional membership of company private healthcare and dental schemes, via salary deduction following the successful completion of your probationary period.
• 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays. At 10 years’ service this increases to 33 days (inclusive of bank holidays) per annum
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button