Reporting to: Head of Agri Sales South
General Description of the Position
The Regional Sales Manager for Mole Valley Feed Solutions will manage a focused high calibre team of Ruminant Nutritionists, Technical, and Agricultural Sales specialists across the South West. Providing a solution-based sales service to our farming customers, members and farmer shareholders.
Working as part of a Senior Feed Team, reporting to the Head of Agri Sales South, you will lead with a key focus on delivering our sales and organisational objectives, ensuring our people are well led, sup-ported, performance managed, developed and engaged The Mole Way.
Responsibilities of the role:
Organisational Leadership & People Management
- Lead the Mole Way by living the values and operating with Respect, Honesty, and integrity
- Support the brand build of Mole Valley Farmers by being Expert and collaborating with all stakeholders, delivering excellence and by leading the sector in feed solutions.
- Provide excellent communication with all stakeholders and ensure collaborative working and lead generation is encouraged across the Retail, Vets, Feed & Forage businesses.
- Responsible for the sales team ensuring a focused delivery on resource to deliver our sales objectives.
- Support each salesperson within their territory to fully understand the opportunity, customer needs and how to maximise the opportunity.
- Undertaking performance reviews, 121’s, inductions, recruitment, and development which will ensure our people are delivering at their best.
- Ensure teams are technically competent and undertaking regular CPD reviews as appropriate.
- Undertake regional meetings, field accompaniment visits within a coaching framework to ensure people are support and stretched.
- Manage in an inclusive way understanding the skill and will of the team, ensuring the right leadership style is applied to individuals for optimum results.
- Manage queries, and team issues as appropriate.
- Be professional, confidential and comply with the people policies and H&S Protocols
Developing Sales & Margin Budgets
- You will be involved in developing business plans & financial budgets each year with the Head of Agri Sales South, Agri Operations Manager & Agri Finance Manager.
Ensure we achieve our Key Volume Targets and Financial Budgets
- Managing your team of specialists and working together with your management colleagues you will be responsible for achieving set feed volumes & annual financial budgets for the Feed Solutions business and through your people the delivery of key performance measures and indicators to include:
- Working with forage team on grassland and fertilizer campaigns
- Working with Mole Valley Veterinary Resource and vet practices
- Develop regional relationships with other ancillary farm groups and milk & meat processors.
- Ensure price lists, Technical Information, Specific Marketing / Campaign Information and Sales literature are kept up to date externally and internally, are on brand and current.
- Price management disciplines are upheld to ensure margin management, with strict protocols for price support adhered to. Company price lists & seasonal offers are clearly communicated and managed within agreed margin guidelines.
- Monthly Price Management – You will ensure that mid-month & monthly pricing procedures are adhered to, checking pricing of rations are in line with margin requirements of the company.
- Management of Cost Sets – You will work with the Head of Agri Sales South, to ensure spot and forward cost set price communication to the relevant Sales Teams are current and in date.
- Management of Sales Mix – You will work with the Head of Agri Sales South in managing existing ‘Direct’ accounts in line with other key sectors such as Groups, Trade Customers, and Retail.
Responsible for ensuring implementation of Core Marketing Activity
- Working closely with the Operations, Product Management & Marketing Teams you will help implement core seasonal marketing activity & specific local branch or product campaigns aimed at developing sales to the agricultural, farming customers. Such activity could include –
- Tele sales Activity,
- Branch Open Days,
- Farm Walks,
- Direct Mailing,
- Specialist Event Days,
- Supplier support,
- Specific Product Promotions etc.
- Working with the Head of Agri Sales South & Agri Operations, you will manage a rolling Sales Forecasting model to ensure we are able to accurately manage our forward raw material position without exposing the business to the volatility of market conditions. Customer Service and Engagement
- You will ensure through your teams and personally that all customer enquiries, orders and com-plaints are handled effectively, and continual improvement is encouraged t o learn and develop from the outcomes.
- Engage customers in events and topics that provide value add and that they see our business for all it offers.
- Working with the Customer Services Team, Credit Control, and Agri Operations to ensure key Ef-ficiency KPI’s are achieved.
- Promote any training and webinar events as appropriate and relevant to the customer. Measurement & Reporting
- To analyse Volume & Margin performance by Product Sector, Species, Ruminant Specialist and Customer. Identifying under-performing areas and agreeing specific campaigns, or individual business plans for effective recovery to plan. To measure Lost & Gains on a regular basis to ensure we are managing our customer churn effectively.
Risk Management / Information
- You will ensure that the process for Ruminant Nutritionists giving the correct level of advice at all times is robust and does not expose the business to consequential claims and losses.
- Report risks that affect the brand and reputation of the business
- Control risks associated with the role and work within the risk frameworks. Technical & Marketing Support Team
- You will work closely with the Head of Nutrition, Technical and Marketing Support Teams implementing new product strategies,
- R&D work
- Key suppliers
- New management practices
- Seasonal Campaigns by Species / Product Sector / Ad Hoc
- Shows & Events
- Farmer Shareholder Offers and
- Membership Drive, Exhibitions
- Farm Walks
- Newsletter & PR Articles
Specific KPIs will be provided at the point of appointment and throughout the lifetime of the role.