Reporting to: Sales Manager
Mole Valley Feed Solutions is committed to delivering service excellence across our business, and every employee has a part to play in enabling us to achieve this. The tasks below detail the main day to day activities that you will be responsible for and the purpose of the role you will undertake.
To build relationships, develop business, promote, and advocate animal health best practice nutrition for farm animals.
General Description of the Position
The main objective of the position is to work to develop feed sales within an agreed territory to livestock farmers and key accounts. Using your commercial and veterinary skills, you will work with customers identifying opportunities for the business and coordinating the relevant resource to ensure we service & develop opportunity whilst providing best practice advice on animal nutrition linked with animal health. The role will require sales, education, presentation and communication of new products, seasonal campaigns, technical features & benefits to farmers. The role will also engage stakeholders to ensure they are provided with insight into the total solution within the business, working closely with the veterinary and nutrition experts. Mole Valley committed to lifelong learning, so will always be looking to ensure you are trained and supported in your career to be your absolute best.
Responsibilities will include:
Nutritionist feed sales:
- Utilising both veterinary and nutrition expertise, the role will be to work with farmers to provide solutions in animal nutrition working alongside the customers resident vet in providing total solution insight.
- Manage, maintain, and evaluate existing sales volumes increasing in line with opportunity and territory.
- Manage a portfolio of key accounts across the Sales Region working with veterinary team, on farm vet, sales colleagues, and nutrition experts to provide best solution for the customer.
- Provide technical support to colleagues as requested.
- Identify and plan a monthly farm-calling program of customers in allocated territory, and service as required.
- Working with customer data, develop territory by prospecting customers on farm, over the farm and at events.
- Secure a complete understanding of your dairy feed solutions with customers/prospects, you will be expected to manage and administer a monthly costing service to your dairy compound customers.
- Provision of animal health plans for customers, ensuring appropriate costings are in line with company policy.
- Provide quotations, sales proposals, customer presentations and plans as customer requires, this may include pricing.
- Understand and stay ahead of the government funding programme and latest initiatives ie Agricultural bill
Working together and colleague support
- Support training colleagues as required which may include on farm accompaniment.
- Be expected to attend sales meetings and undertake training as the need is identified.
- Present at sales meetings discussing with your colleagues - prospects, targets, calling plan and competitor activities within your trading area.
- Engage in meetings to discuss sales figures, customer account gains/losses, CPD learnings.
- Communicate market information and competitor’s activities to your line manager on a regular basis.
- Utilising IT Systems within the business to ensure customer data is updated and relevant adhering always to GDPR.
- Share best practice and knowledge with colleagues and customers as appropriate.
- Supporting customers in developing their knowledge by undertaking webinars and events as required.
- Working with marketing to understand customer opportunity and support campaign management.
- Engage in webinars and events.
- Support advice on farm and through other means
Customer service and debt management
- Always keep the database up to date in line with the company policy utilising Customer Account Management software to help manage your account portfolio.
- Maintain and update and provide accurate and complete information on all orders and contract forms for all customer service teams.
- Work with the accounts team ensuring that customer debt is managed within the terms that you have agreed.
- Manage complaints in the appropriate manner, involving the customer accounts and complaints team as appropriate.
- To understand membership Customer requirements and how they apply to the company and credit control.
- To deal with telephone calls internally and externally in line with the company values
- Be aware of and comply with company procedures and instructions and all staff notices which will be displayed on the works notice board.
- Be aware of and act in accordance with good safety and wellbeing practices, fire and first aid procedures including the wearing of protective clothing where applicable.
- To be alert to the ongoing requirements of security on our sites and report any suspicious actions or occurrences without delay.
- To always observe the requirements of the terms and conditions of your employment. This role may be required to work additional hours as per the demands of the role.
This job description covers the main requirements, but it is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes of definition as may become necessary from time to time.