Technical & Sales Support
DLF Seeds Ltd is the largest supplier of grass and forage seeds in the UK.
Based at our state of the art production facility in Edinburgh, the main purpose of this role is to respond to enquiries from distributors and farmer customers in relation to crops and seed products, primarily in the agricultural sector. The post-holder will be responsible for designated accounts and also support other sales activity to meet customer expectations and to help achieve sales targets. Part of a small dedicated team, the ability to adapt to changing priorities dictated by seasonal requirements will be essential.
Key objectives will include:
· Provision of high quality sales and technical advice on product range
· Active support of designated accounts for the team and other departments as required
· Proactive maintenance and improvement of customer liaison process,
· to secure new business and initiate telesales activity
· Effective and timely replies to phone and email enquiries
· Effective written and verbal communication with sales, accounts, admin, logistics and production teams throughout the business
Knowledge Skills and Experience
· A good working knowledge of UK agriculture, plants and the environment
· Competent in the use of Microsoft products including Excel
· Customer orientated and commercially focussed
· Flexible and collaborative approach to cope with seasonal peaks
· Resilient and calm under pressure
· Keen to learn and grow with the business
· Willing to undertake occasional travel throughout the UK to visit customers and attend internal meetings.
· Full driving licence
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please call Rod Bonshor on 01506 894806.
To apply please forward your CV together with a summary of how you meet the requirements of the role to Pam Shadbolt HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 15th July 2021
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button