Suckler/Beef & Sheep Manage
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Glenmore Estate – Ireland’s leading sustainable group of companies incorporating several medium and large-scale renewable energy technologies, diary, sheep, beef, arable and biogas.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Suckler/Beef and Sheep Manager with a hands on approach to join our Team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for farming and ideal for a forward looking and open minded person to commercial and sustainable farm management.
This role reports into the Company Operations Manager.
• The Suckler/Beef and Sheep Manager will be responsible Suckler/beef Herd and Sheep Flock.
• The overall day to day running of the Suckler /beef and Sheep farm operations and site profitability.
• Lead and direct the work of all employees on site.
• Oversee all aspects of company policy, production methodology and site initiatives.
• Continuously improve the process / standards of the site and implement changes as required.
• Complete all stock husbandry, feeding and hygiene management processes and activities to achieve the target (budget) yield from the suckler/Sheep flock & Beef Herd.
• Effectively manage staff- annual leave, time keeping, training, quality and hygiene standards, all administrative requirements as laid out within the Performance and bonus scheme (To be agreed at a later date with Operations Director)
• Ensure procurement activities are on time and at the best market rate, further ensuring the supplies are used in alignment with best practice guidelines, e.g., medicine dosing, feed storage and other high value supplies.
• Complete all key workstreams within the working day and within timelines necessary.
• As a professional manager and brand representative of the Company, behave in a polite and professional manner at all times and work effectively with all management and staff.
• Work from other locations within the group when required.
• Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
• To carry out any other duties as requested by management from time to time.
· Overall responsibility for managing Sucker/Beef and Sheep farms resources
· Daily operations and management of the Suckler/ Beef and Sheep aspects of the farm.
· Responsible driving the daily performance of the farm to ensure that production targets and quality parameters are met.
· Working with the Operations Manager, the Suckler/Beef and Sheep manager is responsible for managing the performance of people (including discipline).
· Identify recruitment needs-maintain sufficient staff levels on site.
· Identify training needs and implementing- ensure that all staff receive sufficient training to enable them to carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible.
· Inputting into the budgetary process.
· Health and safety responsibility.
· Sign off all hours on a weekly basis for the wage department.
· Completion of all necessary paperwork relating to the Management role.
· Responsible for the weekly KPI’s of the farm.
Experience and Qualifications
· Proven track record in Beef/Sheep and People management, ideally will have element of all, or demonstrate ability to develop these skills.
· Strong Agricultural background.
· Thorough knowledge of Suckler/Beef and Sheep management.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
· Full Clean Driving licence
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential. On farm accommodation provided if required.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button