Director of Animal, Equine and Land
- Hartpury University
- £54,558 - £59,567 per annum
- Job Sector
- Academic & Education, Equestrian, Property, Land & Estates Management, Management
- Contract Type
Hartpury University and Hartpury College are among the UK’s leading specialist education providers in agriculture, animal, equine, sport and veterinary nursing. Located in Gloucestershire, Hartpury University and Hartpury College of Further Education sit side-by-side on a beautiful 360-hectare campus. We provide world-class facilities to almost 4,200 university and college-level students studying undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, A-levels and diplomas, as well as undertaking industry research. The University holds Teaching Excellence Framework Gold and has 98% graduate employability, whilst the College is rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas. A passionate and innovative business culture and exceptional support networks make Hartpury an ideal career choice.
Following external promotion of the current post holder, this role presents an exciting opportunity to lead the Hartpury College Landbased Provision to the next stage of the ambitious 2025 Hartpury Strategy.
About the Role
· You will lead and develop the academic team in delivering outstanding further education programmes and an outstanding overall student experience, providing operational oversight and strategic vision aligned with industry and academic best practice.
· As an inspirational academic leader, you will continue to enhance the student experience, facilitate high quality teaching, learning and assessment as well as advance our regional, national and international reputation within animal, equine and agriculture.
· You will work collaboratively on cross-college initiatives to ensure consistency of a high quality student experience.
· Our expectations are high and we are looking for a proactive individual who works effectively in team situations.
· As an outstanding practitioner, you will have a strong background in the college sector and an excellent understanding of the animal management, equine and agriculture industries.
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an appropriate subject.
· You will have a thorough understanding of the processes of teaching, learning and assessment and provision of a high quality student experience underpinned by a full understanding of the current Ofsted Inspection Framework.
· You will have an understanding of and commitment to promoting staff and student wellbeing, equality, diversity and inclusivity in the working and learning environment.
What we Offer
· Wellbeing events and Employee Assistance Programme
· Teachers’ pension
· Employee Discounts Scheme
· Support for continuous professional development
· 35 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
· Onsite fitness facilities
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button