Agronomists and Trainee Agronomists
An opportunity has arisen to join our sales team in the regions of the South and West of the country on permanent full-time basis. The successful applicant will work out of one of our commercial offices at Newbury in Berkshire, Dorchester in Dorset, and Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. These commercial centres service all the counties of the South and West.
We are now strengthening our on-Farm team by recruiting for an experienced Agronomist. We would also consider a Trainee Agronomist as full training would be provided.
Our Agronomists play a key role in facilitating our business on farm by building outstanding customer relationships, providing a comprehensive advisory service, and maximising crop production for the farmer while increasing sales for the business.
For the right candidate, if you are more at trainee level full training will be provided and there is the potential to offer an apprenticeship. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/agriculture-or-horticulture-professional-adviser-v1-0
We are looking for candidates who are already working as an Agronomist or someone who has worked in agriculture and have a good understanding of the sector; experience of working in farm management or a similar field would be highly desirable
- FACTS and BASIS qualifications (while not essential) would be a great advantage
- A strong desire to develop a career in Agronomy
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness with previous success dealing with farmers (while not essential) would be a great advantage
- Ability to build outstanding professional relationships with customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A high level of initiative with strong planning and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft including Excel and Word.
- The personal ambition, tenacity and resilience to succeed in a sales role
The role – Key responsibilities
- To provide an integrated and comprehensive service on all aspects of Crop Production for our customers, including Crop Nutrition and Crop Protection advice, and guidance on current agricultural legislation
- Have knowledge of end markets and be able to provide advice on the most appropriate management strategy for these end markets
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders and other teams to fulfil customer orders and ensuring excellent customer service
- Building a comprehensive knowledge of Frontier’s products and services in order to achieve the best commercial, quality and relationship outcomes for customers and the company
- Crop walking regularly; establishing a strong relationship with the customer and understanding their on-going needs
- Build strong relationships with the Trials teams and Technical Support Team, supporting initiatives and developing own product and customer knowledge
- Build relationships with experienced commercial managers, building commercial understanding alongside technical knowledge
- Liaising closely with colleagues to identify opportunities with new customers and develop relationships with existing customers, supporting a joint working approach
- Understand environmental factors and schemes and be able to work with customers to manage these at farm level
- Successful management of customer relationships
- Work with the Local Regional Sales Manager to create and achieve a business plan for the designated area
- Actively engage in prospecting customers for Frontier
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision to be the first-choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.
To apply for this role please click the apply button