SOYL, a division of Frontier Agriculture Ltd, is the UK market leading precision crop production service provider, offering expert advice, services and support to growers to improve the economic, agronomic and environmental performance of their farm business.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Midlands area on a permanent full-time basis to carry out soil sampling and associated in-field services for our farmer clients across the region.
We are also interested to hear from self employed contractors or individuals who are available to work for 6-8 months of the year from harvest.
Often working alone, you will be self motivated, organised and have previous experience involving customer facing activities to ensure we provide a professional and safe service to customers. This is a physically demanding role and you must be accustomed to working outside throughout the year. Full training is provided.
• Field services including GPS soil sampling
• Handling of digital data and maps
• Management and planning of customer orders and schedules
• Basic ATV and hardware/software maintenance
• Understand and deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent communication via phone and on-farm
• Active participation with the health and safety culture to fit with SOYL’s national policy.
• Strong customer focus
• Strong communication skills both over the phone and face to face
• Full UK driving licence ideally with a trailer licence included
• Able to work outside in all conditions
• IT literate
• Proven attention to detail
• Prior experience in a soil sampling role would be advantageous but is not essential.
Why work for SOYL?
At SOYL, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Contributory pension plan of up to 7%
• Salary exchange benefits (holiday purchase, Cycle to Work)
• Employee discounts programme
• Life assurance of 3x salary
• 25 days holiday
• Employee assistance programme
• Learning and development opportunities.
SOYL is a division of Frontier Agriculture Ltd and is the UK’s largest precision farming business. Our head office is based in Newbury, Berkshire.
Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion. With a vision to be the first-choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At SOYL we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button