Sales Executive (Business Development Livestock Sector)
AgriBriefing is the largest multi-platform agricultural information business in the UK. Our brands reach deeply into all the major agricultural sectors – arable, dairy, livestock, agricultural machinery, finance and equipment. We take a farmer-centric approach to media. Our job is to help farmers run their farms more efficiently and make better purchasing decisions. There are many ways in which we can do this – magazines, websites, webinars, podcasts, conferences, exhibitions and marketplaces.
The main function of the role is to sit within the livestock team and develop the business through growth in revenue, yield, and increase customer numbers. Demonstrate an even focus across all action groups of clients set including acquire, win-back, grow and retain. This person will develop select key accounts and transactional clients in the main. This person will be a key influencer in the development the livestock sector.
This roles objective is to identify new opportunities and influence companies’ media buying habits within the livestock sector. Due to the ever-changing nature of the industry, this person must spot new avenues and exploit market trends to exceed revenue targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Own, support, develop and guide the livestock sector
· Support, develop and guide the relevant Business Service Executives / Business Development person.
· Conduct sales presentations by telephone, email or face to face to existing and prospective clients in order to develop existing business and generate new business wherever possible.
· Responsible for service and maintenance of select existing key accounts
· Responsible for growth, service and maintenance of transactional clients.
· Advise on the most effective solution to meet client needs within the Agribriefing portfolio.
· Present all relevant products and sales opportunities and communicate promptly to customers.
· Continually seek new sales & opportunities and develop these in liaison with colleagues.
· Achieve all pre-set sales targets ensuring a successful contribution to the business performance.
· Contact potential clients and conduct a thorough investigation to establish customer needs and buying habits.
· Book and input orders/Setting and amendment of adverts.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Be enthusiastic and motivated to continually explore new opportunities.
· Excellent communication written and interpersonal skills.
· Possess a natural inquisitive nature.
· Demonstrate an optimistic approach.
· Support and organise the livestock sector successfully.
· Represent the business at relevant industry events and trade shows.
· An understanding of agriculture is preferred.
· Demonstrate a strong sales ability to establish a deep understanding of the company need to provide the relevant solution.
· Be target driven and efficient.
· Be familiar & confident with all relevant details of products under Agribriefing’s portfolio.
· Be a critical thinker.
· Have the ability to accurately forecast future sales.
· Keep abreast of all current trends, activities and relevant news within agriculture and specific sector.
· Have a positive, “can do” attitude.
· Maintain the highest professional standards.
· Ensure that no advertisement is sent for publication, which contravenes Government Legislation, Advertising Law, or is unacceptable to the company.
· Good working knowledge of CRM system and Microsoft packages
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button