SOYL are a division of Frontier Agriculture. We are the UK market leading precision crop production service provider, offering expert advice, services and support to growers to improve the economic, agronomic and environmental performance of their farm business.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Applications Team in Newbury on a full-time basis. We are flexible on location and hours for the right candidate.
An interest in agriculture and farming would be a distinct advantage, and full technical training can be provided for the right candidate.
- Communicate with customers to gather key information for the processing of their fertiliser recommendations
- Respond to, monitor and resolve customer and sales team enquiries via telephone and email
- Confidently apply technical knowledge to support customers
- Precise processing of fertiliser recommendations using in-house, bespoke software
- Creation of variable rate GPS fertiliser spreading files
- Use of MS Office packages to manipulate and format data
- Troubleshoot problems with GPS fertiliser spreading files
- Maintain customer database and company CRM system
- Demonstrate an ability to provide good customer service
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Possess a confident and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Proven attention to detail
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Ability to work on own initiative, making decisions, managing own workload and time, whilst developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Strong customer focus
- A working knowledge of the use of fertilisers in arable farming with a practical knowledge of the use of RB209 would be desirable
- Ideally FACTS qualified although training can be provided
- Self motivated and tenacious
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
Why work for SOYL?
At SOYL, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Frontier is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision is to be the first choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At SOYL we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button