WHO ARE SEVERN TRENT GREEN POWER?
Severn Trent Green Power are a subsidiary of Severn Trent Plc. We provide cost-effective, sustainable organic waste management solutions through our award-winning network of Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and Composting facilities across Derby, Birmingham, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey and South Wales
We are the largest producer of renewable energy from food waste in the UK. We care deeply about making a positive impact on our environment and strive to support our customers to achieve the same.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF THIS ROLE?
We are looking for a Class 1 LGV Driver to join our established Oxfordshire based transport team.
Joining a team of 8 drivers and reporting to the Transport Operations Manager, this hands-on full-time role requires a flexible approach to working. The role will be based from Severn Trent Green Power’s Cassington AD Facility in Oxfordshire but will require regular nights out and occasional weekend and bank holiday working.
Your main function will be collecting materials from any of STGP Sites and Parent Company Severn Trent facilities and delivering them to various local farms on a weekly basis.
A safe working environment is the very least that every employee deserves. A clear focus on site and road safety and operability is critical.
HOW YOUR SUCCESS ADDS VALUE TO OUR BUSINESS:
Maximising the efficiency of our transport operation and ensuring our vehicles and the materials they are carrying travel the roads safely and compliantly, enables Severn Trent Green Power to perform to the best of its ability, to remain profitable and to maintain our competitiveness going forward. This is good for growth and job security.
Our transport team’s performance and excellent conduct on the roads is a positive advert for Severn Trent Green Power, and the wider Severn Trent Plc business
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Report to Transport Operations Manager and/or collection and delivery sites on time as requested
- · Ensure waste transfer & compliance paperwork is signed and completed as required for every load
- · Ensure the safe and correct use of your vehicle
- · Take responsibility for completing daily vehicle safety & defect checks
LET’S TALK ABOUT WHAT SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO THE JOB?
For this role, experience of driving LGV Class 1 Artic Unit with rear steering tanker trailers would be desirable, however full training will be provided. The role will include delivering liquid fertiliser to local farmers or lagoons throughout the year, therefore experience within agriculture or the waste industry would be an advantage (however this is not compulsory).
AS AN LGV DRIVER YOU WILL HAVE:
- Problem solver
- Innovative – continuous improvement mindset
- Good team player & communicator
- Cost aware
- Computer literate
- Class 1 driving Licence & CPC Qualified
- Practical environmental and working safety knowledge
- Mechanical and proactive aptitude
- Bulk Tipper Trailers & Low-Loader Trailer
- Hands-on, can-do attitude
- Takes ownership to get the job done
- Takes pride
BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
It would be beneficial to have knowledge and experience of the following areas:
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- Telehandler certificate or proven capability of 1 year
- Knowledge of similar processes and agriculture
- First Aid Certificate
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Our success depends on our people and it’s our people that are making the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers by working in partnership with them to create an effective and sustainable organic waste management strategy.
In return, we offer great opportunities to grow in a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, personal growth, job satisfaction and career development.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button