Job Title: Processing Operator
Reports To: Processing Manager
Based At (Company & location): Graham’s The Family Dairy, Bridge of Allan
Accommodation may be provided.
Controlling the intake and processing of milk and cream.
- Receipt of raw milk
- Pasteurising raw milk, and sampling for quality assurance testing
- Pasteurising cream, all cream products. Carry out sampling as and when required.
- Carry out cleaning of all plant and associated equipment and environment before during and after production.
- Complete all operational logs and data sheets are filled in daily.
- Complying with all site quality, safety and hygiene instructions and procedures
- Basic mechanical skills. (I.E., changing seals on homogenising equipment)
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices at all times
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements and adhere to HR policies and procedures
- Assist Processing Manager as and when required and carry out any other reasonable duties to ensure the effective and smooth running of the dairy.
- Previous Processing experience preferable
- Previous dairy experience preferable
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (e.g. manual dexterity, mechanical, computer skills)
- Basic computer skills
- Numerical skills
- Ability to understand written instructions
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels