We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Herdsperson for one of our four diary sites in north Shropshire.
This is a hands-on role, milking a high performing Pedigree Jersey herd. The successful candidate will assist the Head Herdsperson to manage a progressive and profitable dairy herd whilst maintaining the highest standards of husbandry and management.
The cows are milked through a 20:40 DeLaval parlour. The cows are grazed during the summer but are also buffer fed when required and winter cubicle housed.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Following dairy protocols
- Ensuring cows are properly fed
- Assisting in maintaining animal health and welfare to a high standard
- Ensuring all records are completed in a timely manner
- Maintaining a clean and tidy farm environment
We are looking for:
Experience of dairy herd management with a passion for the industry
- A good understanding and knowledge of herd fertility, dairy nutrition and cow health
- A basic understanding of health & safety responsibilities and compliance requirements
- A high level of attention to detail
- Current UK driving license