Equestrian Yard Handyperson
• Work alongside the current yard team to muck out stables and fill hay nets.
• General yard repair and maintenance.
• Field repair and maintenance including strimming / ragwort pulling.
• Harrowing and rolling of sand arenas.
• Muck removal from fields.
• Maintaining cleanliness of shared areas such as jet washing yards/walker and blowing debris.
• Replacement of bulbs / fixtures and fittings as required.
• Undertaking general maintenance of equestrian vehicles as well as cleaning.
• Movement of bales of bedding / haylage.
• To work to assist the household/garden/maintenance team as required.
• GCSEs grade A-C
The ideal Candidate will be;
• Competent with basic handling of horses and experienced in mucking out stables.
• Capable of working to a high standard with attention to detail.
• Physically capable of heavy lifting.
• Able to drive machinery/tractors relevant to the role.
• Able to use initiative and work as part of a team.
• Comfortable with working outdoors.
• Willing to learn/develop skills.
• The post holder will be based at the stable yard on Bolesworth Estate.
• Work hours are 7.30am-5pm, 5 days per week.
• The post holder will undergo a three-month trial period.
• Notice period is one month.
• Holiday entitlement is 20 days per annum plus public holidays.