A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a young forward-thinking team in South Leicestershire.
Are you keen on grass and sustainable dairy farming?! But like housing cows in the winter…. then why not apply?!
This is one of the very best operated farms within the LKL portfolio and can boast being Tesco Dairy Farmer of the year in 2014 and runner up in 2017.
The farm in brief is as follows:
- Solid B and W cows averaging circa 7500 ltrs with 4500 lts from forage.
- Milked through a 30:60 Fullwood Parlour with ADF and in parlour feeders.
- Sand cubicles.
- Excellent grazing infrastructure with tracks, water and excellent fencing.
- Muller/TESCO contract.
Apply to find out more about the farm!!
So what do we need?! We require a competent herdsperson who not only has a proven track record in the industry, but someone who wants to push themselves and the farm and realise their goals. Being ambitious is a MUST! You will be required to work closely with the young team and not only carry out day-to-day tasks like milking, feeding, grassland management, herd health etc, but also come up with ideas that will benefit you and the farm.
What’s on offer?!
- Excellent salary, which will be based on experience and aptitude.
- Bonus or profit share based on performance and meeting targets.
- Involvement with Andersons run discussion group.
- Regular time off including 3-day weekends (every other weekend) other than calving time!
- Accommodation free from rent and council tax in a superb village location close to the M1.
Call or email Ben Furnival for more information. All discussions will be in the strictest of confidence.