We have a position on a well-respected Derbyshire farm, located within the stunning Peak District. This is an excellent family farm with good facilities and accommodation on farm. We require a herdsperson or assistant herdsperson to join the team and either take on responsibility immediately or grow into the role.
The herd comprises of mainly Pedigree Holstein Friesian cows, the key farm facts are as follows:
- AYR calving.
- Cubicle housed in winter. Out in the day during summer.
- X2 milkings per day, 9,000 litres with around 7-7.5% solids, current cell count is 120 and bactoscan 12.
- Heifers served to sex semen and cows 2x black and white and then put to the Saler bull. All replacement heifers reared on site.
- 22:22 Fullwood parlour with ACRs, backflush, auto ID and in parlour feeders.
- Arla Organic milk contract.
We are looking for someone who will fit into the team, who must have good cow knowledge and have been in a similar role in the past.
Key responsibilities of the role will be: milking, TMR feeding, herd health and fertility, young stock and calves, vet routines and record keeping, A.I and foot trimming experience is beneficial, but not essential.
In return for your efforts we offer a highly competitive salary with bonus schemes, regular time off and a 2/3 bedroomed cottage with oil fired central heating and log burner, good sized garden, out buildings and stable, in idyllic surroundings with panoramic views of South Derbyshire.
All applications handled in the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this role or for more information please click the apply button